Wednesday, June 22, 2016

I can eat how much?

As a result of years of disordered eating, I have forgotten how to feed myself: Am I actually hungry? What do I really want? What is the best choice right now?

Slowly, with the help of the LoseIt! app, I am relearning. It's entertaining and surprising to see how much more I can eat if I make a healthier choice. Today at lunch, I had tuna with mayo and pickles on flatbread, carrots, and hummus. It felt like a feast! I know it may not sound like much but I am used to wanting to spend most of my time snacking instead of developing fuller meals. When I first started with the LoseIt! app, I was trying to save all my calories for snacks and dessert. This simple lunch taught me that wholesome choices go farther, are more filling, and still leave room for treats and snacks.

What is your favorite lunch? Do you like snacking, or bigger meals?

No comments:

Post a Comment